Friday, 5 February 2010

Tubelight fact file!

I was tagged by Masooma, to write 7 things about myself, and tag 7 others to do the same! I suppose its come at an apt time, as too many people have been messaging to say the blog has been losing its signature personal touch, (that, on top of the fact I’ve been really neglecting it!).

OK, so, completely unplanned, here goes!

1. I’m addicted to soaps: East Enders, River City and Holby being my favourites, (some may say its wasting time, I say its switching off!).

2. I have a very depressive personality. This may come as a shock to some, as I think I hide it relatively well (at least I try to!). I never used to be like this, but as my health has deteriorated, I see it as becoming more of a feature, perhaps the one I’d most like to change!

3. I secretly don’t enjoy living alone! (yeah! No matter how much I pretend and dress it up as being great, it really isn’t!). The older I get, the nights seem all too long, too cold, all encompassing! The need to love and be loved, figures more and more, showing the solitude for the emptiness that it is!

4. Small things mean more than you’ll ever know! Seriously! Those of you who send me encouraging Emails, cute sms messages or invite me out for coffee, your gestures are truthfully never, EVER forgotten by me, and you always fill my prayers.

5. I’m developing arthritis in my hands! (no kidding!). I decided to write this because I’ve been in denial ever since the doctor told me about it! somehow by ignoring it and the pain I often experience, I figured it would somehow vanish in to oblivion! I think to be visually impaired and have malfunctioning hands is a pretty tough nut to crack, but then Allah never tests a soul with more than it can take!

6. I really want another cat!! (listening every one? Eids? Birthdays? Valentines? Got it? cat? You heard? Cat? And Persians are my favourites!!).

7. I’ve recently discovered the beauty of night prayers (salat-al-layl, or tahajid prayers), and highly recommend it to all! There is a beautiful majliss by Ummul Banin Merali on the Stanmore site on this subject, and she gives a wonderful shortened version of the prayers which I’ve been using, in order to get myself in to the groove and get the prayer established before I expand upon it. Really, all the hadaith about its beauty, strength and hidden treasures are absolutely true! This is a subject I’ll doubtless return to, but for now, just wanted to flag it up, for those of you like myself who are perhaps feeling a little drained and needing a burst of spiritual air to keep you moving in the right direction!

Tags: well, whoever wishes to take up the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving comments